Sunday, January 19, 2014

Back to Salt Lake City and Wedding Invitations!

This past week was spent in Salt Lake City going to the resort I had to check out for work a few months ago for those of you who had read my previous post. It was one of the most stressful weeks of my life because the huge conference that we were facilitating but I still managed to find some time to work out.

I tried to take it easy because I was around 9,000 feet above sea level so I tried to run a mile, then walk a bit and catch my breath before continuing on. Before the end of the week, I was surprised at how quickly my body adjusted. Some of the reason I wanted to go to the gym was the view from the treadmills, they couldn't be beat!


I had a great time during the week and got to spend time with a lot of coworkers that I don't normally get to see. Including some of my all time favorites!




The nice part about the week was that I got to have a say in the menu so every meal had some pretty healthy fair to choose from. I tried to remember to drink a ton of water and eat regularly to try and keep from getting altitude sickness. I only had a headache the first day, thank goodness!

I was so excited to get back because we got the email that our wedding invitations were finally printed and ready to go! I was so excited and Dwayne and I stuffed everything Saturday morning and they were ready to send.


Sunday Dwayne and I decided to go for a run at McAlpine park and I was really intrigued to see how my body handled it knowing that I have been training in such a high altitude lately. I was so happy because I felt amazing while running and I felt like I had a lot more stamina. We are under 90 days until the wedding and I really need to step up my exercise regimen so I feel like I am at my healthiest on my wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment