Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wedding Photos pt 2 - Reception!

I had the most fun of my life at our wedding reception. The room was beautiful and it was full of our friends and family ready to cheer us on which was one of the most moving experiences of my life.
 
Our reception had a slight 40's and 50's theme and so our tables were meant to show a certain kind of classic style.
 





 
We waited at the top of the stairs after our photos were completed outside, to be announced down a beautiful grand staircase to join our guests. It was at this point that I realized that we had really done it and we were about to walk down those stairs into a room full of people who loved and supported us.
 
First, of course, we needed to announce our lovely bridal party though!
 
Kat and Eric

Matt and Allie

April and John

Sam, Donovan and Sydney
Poor little Syd took a spill down the stairs which is something we were afraid of all day but she brushed it off like a pro!
 
 
 
Then it was our turn! I was so excited to be announced and actually be able to talk with all of our friends.

This is also probably the best picture taken of me the entire day. Obviously, I was excited.

We took the dance floor for our first dance as a married couple to "Come Rain or Come Shine" by Ray Charles. The progression of these photos is probably my favorite because you can see it go from "aww he is looking at her so lovingly..." all the way to "wow, that guy is really singing" by the end.

Lovingly gazing into my eyes

hmm.. hey maybe I'll sing to her

Wow, I am blowing her away with this singing.

Bring it home!!
After our dance together, we had our separate dances with our parents. Mine was something I had been planning for a while and my dad didn't know the song I had chosen or why. I chose "Everybody Knows Your Name" from Cheers which seems weird but there is a story behind it and at the end of the day it makes me think of my dad.

I was able to tell the story to the group before the dance so that people weren't completely confused and my dad heard it for the first time. The reaction of the crowd and my dad were so memorable and absolutely priceless to me.



Later in the evening were the speeches and cake cutting. Of course...I cried.


Hearing my sister, my best friend say such wonderful things about Dwayne and I, our future and my past was so moving. I am not one to cry but this brought me to tears.

April - Maid of Honor and Best Friend

Sam- Matron of Honor and Older Sister
So many people asked us before the wedding if we were going to do the "slam the cake in each others faces" thing at our wedding. The answer from both of us was a resounding -NO!




After all the traditional things were out of the way, the bouquet toss and dinner, we were able to relax and have fun with our friends and family.

Our fathers both gave speeches that were very emotional and heartfelt. You can see how intently we are listening.  ( I wish I didn't have a Miller lite in my hand but hey, I didn't realize I was being photographed- photoshop!)


We spent the rest of the night dancing and having a blast, leaving to go back to our hotel after a long day as husband and wife.










and so my friends... all I leave you with after all of this planning, excitement and love is this photo that I think really says it all about how our marriage is going to go.


2 comments:

  1. Everyone wants to get into shape for their wedding day. We all want to look great in our wedding gowns and honeymoon bikinis.Getting fit for yourself is the best gift you can give to your new spouse. If you do it together, you can create a Makeup Tips that will translate to your future children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Thanks for sharing this post. I get to know about the do’s and don’t’s of blog commenting it must be useful to all of us and definitely, i ll remember all these points while I will comment

    Wellness Retreats in Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete