I am not sure if anyone even reads this anymore, my stats tell me no haha! This is my own fault because I stopped blogging when my life sped up a bit. It didn't seem as though I had the time that I had before because of some major life changes and so it let it fall off until I was ready to pick it back up again. Well I have decided that I am ready to go at it again and blog for relaxation, helping myself and helping others!
First let me update you about my life and what has been preoccupying my time so much! In the end of April 2011, I finally graduated with a Masters of Business Administration after two long years! I decided to kick it up a notch and graduate early because I really wanted to start with my life plans after school was done.
Immediately after graduation, I packed up all my stuff, said goodbye to my wonderful Pittsburgh friends and moved to Charlotte North Carolina! I was finally going to get down here for the sunshine, a new job and to actually live in the same city as my boyfriend. I managed to secure a job as a marketing manager for a company down here and I am loving every minute of it! I get to be creative and get my first taste of real international business including a lot of travel and sales meetings!
So you may be asking, how can I call myself "Fitness N' At" which is obviously Pittsburgheeze when I dont live in Pittsburgh anymore? Good question! I have decided that I am going to turn my blog into a cross bread between Charlotte and Pittsburgh while being a young professional! I want to talk about staying healthy while traveling a lot (which I am discovering is very hard) and maintaining yourself and your health while trying to build a new life! Bringing a little Burgh to the Queen City!
Moving to Charlotte and living with my significant other changed a lot in my life and it has all been wonderful! Here is what I have learned about the Charlotte community!
1. EVERYONE here is active. You will always see people running, walking, biking and rollerblading. There is ample opportunity to play sand volleyball which I could never find in Pittsburgh. I found in Pittsburgh that the weather and the landscape sometimes made it hard to always be active outside but here its very welcomed!
2. Traveling makes it very hard to stay healthy, eating in airports or at large group dinners leaves little room for healthy choices and a lot of peer pressure and hotels usually don't have the best gyms.
3. It helps so much to live with someone who is as healthy and active as you are. I am very lucky in the fact that my other half likes to eat fruits, veggies and lean protein. I am not constantly bombarded with temptation of junk food. We have learned to share exercising as something to do together and to keep each other going!
4. Getting out of your normal routine and into a whole different city makes it really hard to find the time to exercise! Getting busy working late, trying to make friends, date nights and what not make it difficult to always find the time and energy to work out. I have gone from 5-6 days a week to 3-4 and I am hoping that this blog will help me track and get back up to where I was!
5. I still hate running but at least have the opportunity to make it more interesting here with 5ks, parks, trails and hiking super close to me!
So I hope to continue to share my experiences, interesting articles, interesting food experiences and I hope to gain back some followers and hopefully gaining some new ones!
If nothing else, it will leave me some relaxation time to write.