Thursday, September 12, 2013

Trip to San Antonio!

I just returned from a lovely trip to San Antonio and I have to say that I am dead tired. My flight left at 5:30 in the morning and didn't return until midnight the next day. However, it was a really awesome experience! One of the major perks of what I do is that I get to travel and see the country and I had never been to San Antonio before.

Some things that I noticed:

#1 They have blackbeans with breakfast which is delicious choice
#2 Its a much smaller city than I would have imagined
#3 Everything is Tex-Mex meaning cowboy boot statues, bright and vibrant colors: reds, oranges, yellows

I think that the best part of the trip, besides the food, was that my hotel was overlooking a national landmark! The Alamo!

The Alamo! Much smaller than you would imagine

I was able to run in the morning around the Alamo for a solid 2.5 miles before starting a long work day and I have to say that I do not think that it trumped the quesadilla that I had for dinner but oh well! While on my run, I got to see a lot of the historical statues and buildings along the Alamo and  The RiverWalk which is an area that is filled with old restaurants and bars. As a matter of fact, I had dinner at the oldest restaurant in San Antonio that was located there but it was entirely too dark to take photos.


The Riverwalk

The oldest church in San Antonio

At the end of the day it was back to the airport but not without stopping on the way at a local place called Chacho's. Chacho's is pretty well known for their delicious margaritas! I got a strawberry one and I have to tell you, it was a little too good!

 
 I didn't get back into Charlotte until around midnight and didn't hit my pillow until 1:30am. I woke up my fiance in the process and scared the crap out of him getting in to bed. Oops! Such is the life of the weary traveler.

I indulged a bit in the local fair but tried to keep it as healthy as possible salads, meat, a hearty and healthy hotel breakfast and a solid run. All in all, I think a wonderful experience in a beautiful city!

No comments:

Post a Comment