Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Can You Do It?

Good Morning Folks!

Lets get right in to it and talk about some real honest to goodness exercise! Its early in the morning.. were all trying to wake up so what better way than to start a conversation about waking your body up naturally!

Every morning when I am trying desperately to get myself out of bed I realize that the time I truly wake up (after hitting snooze 7 times) is when I stretch. I lay in bed and reach way up and elongate my whole body and it feels amazing.. I can usually be caught stretching at my desk a lot too while at work because sitting at a computer can do terrible things to your back!

I woke up this morning being pretty much sore all over because yesterday I got to lead the work out for the team of girls that comprise Team Drew. Team Drew is the name that the group of people I work out with almost every day because it started by our friend Drew who is a fitness fanatic recruiting people that he thought could handle his work outs. These things are serious.. its hill sprint work, thousands of jumping jacks, cardio lifting circuits, resistance training, etc.. I have gone from being able to hardly do one sit up, to doing 200 ab exercises holding a 25 pound plate in 1.5 years. I also get to make up the routines once or twice a week because Drew has to work..and that day was yesterday : )

I only had an hour before I had to go face the grade on my accounting midterm last night (I got a B! WOOO) and so I decided I had to make this short time worth my while! I also decided to write this here because its way to much to write in my routines section. So here is what the routine looked like.. Try it out! and tell me how you did!

- Warm up (Small indoor track ab 1/10 of a mile around.. with a taped ladder at the half way point)
5 sprint laps with quick feet thru the ladder

Legs Circuit (Count for everything is 3 sets of 15- increasing weight every time)
- calf press
- leg press
- leg curls
- inverted leg curls
-jump rope
- chair squat hold
- weighted squat press (24 Pound Plate)
- squat kicks alternating legs

This was a cardio circuit also so there was no more than 20 seconds rest in between each set and each exercise

Then cardio time...

3 times around the track for each:

- Butt Kicks
- High Knees
- Grape Vines Left
-Grape Vines Right
-  Squat shuffles Left
- Squat shuffles Right

Cardio Ab Circuit

I love when cardio and lifting routines come together so that you can get resistance but also keep your heart rate up.. We were all sweating like crazy and everyone felt pretty good afterwards. Sometimes it just feels good to get short bursts of exercise as opposed to mindlessly running or doing the elliptical.

What are some of your favorite lifting/ cardio routines?

No comments:

Post a Comment