Thursday, June 13, 2013

Staying Healthy in Boston Part 1

Hello lovely blog readers!

I am writing today from the lobby of my hotel in Boston! I am here for work and feel very lucky to get to spend some quality time with my colleagues and partake in a room that I don't have to clean every day! WOO! I am here until Saturday so I thought that I would break this trip up into 2 separate blog posts.
The rainy view from my window


It was very interesting to travel to Boston and see if everything has gotten back to normal since the Boston Marathon bombings. The bombing was a tragedy and I am so happy to report that the people I know who live in Boston were all ok but how scary! I have noticed that the city is still booming and full of life. The businessmen still walk the streets

Traveling is wonderful but as I have written about before, it comes with it's own set of hardships when it comes to maintaining your health. Most of your meals aren't controlled by you unless you are lucky enough to have a room with a kitchen. Other than that, you have to make the best decisions with what you have at your disposal.

Luckily, this hotel has an okay gym - I hate when hotels say on their website that they have a gym and then when you get there, it's a 15 year old treadmill and an even older stationary bike. That is NOT a gym.

Anyway, there is a Starbucks in the hotel which makes it a little easier because they offer fruit and oatmeal for breakfast. MMM... the hotel restaurants will charge you insanely so it's nice to have an alternative!

 
 Last night we had the most delicious mexican food at a place called Rosa Mexicana by the Seaport. The healthiest thing I could find on the menu that sounded good to me was the Carne Asada- marinated steak, corn, rice and beans on flour tortillas. I wasn't too big of a fan of the beans, they were a little too sweet when I was looking for something filling.


Excited for the next two days to see what else the show and the city of Boston has in store. I am also managing to keep my alcohol promise also (more or less) The first night at dinner I was asked to chose the bottle of wine and so of course had to do the tasting portion of the wine service but other than that, I have been doing great! 18 days and counting and I can actually tell at this point that I feel better, leaner and I truly don't miss it which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment