Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dont Have Much Time To Work Out?

Hello everyone!

So today is ridiculously busy day for me. I hate wednesdays this semseter because my day starts with me getting up at 630am to get out the door for work by 730am and then I dont see my front door again until 10pm. I work from 8am to 4pm everyday and I really do enjoy my job. I am surrounded by wonderful people and I learn something new everyday! So the upside is that even though I have to get up early every day, I do love coming in to do my job. Its not what I pictured myself doing right out of college but its opened up so many doors to me and I am so thankful. So I def dont mind coming into my little office everyday.. it does make for a pretty groggy morning though. I have an hour after work before my night class which lasts for four hours : / So basically it goes work, gym, class, say goodnight to the love of my life.. and then passing the F out. haha

I shouldnt complain because I am sure that most every one out there right now reading this is thinking.. " youre preaching to the choir sister!" because everyone has such busy lives these days. So if you only have an hour or 45 minutes in your day to even contemplate doing anything physical.. how do you make the most out of your time?

I was pondering this exact thought today as I was thinking about my day and then I had an epiphany. Lately I have had to move my cardio inside and so I have been on the treadmill which I get bored with very easily. I have been able to make myself do at least 3-5 miles a day but I get off and dont feel accomplished. So I thought of a circuit routine!

Every station is 30 seconds moving followed by 30 seconds rest time

Treadmill uphill sprints - set the treadmill to the highest grade and a sprinting pace.. sprint for 30 seconds and then let yourself rest for 30  for 10 sprints

Jumping Jacks - same thing 30 seconds on and 30 seconds stopped

Jump rope - 30 seconds jumping and 30 seconds stopped

At the end of the session you will have gotten 30 minutes of your heart rate being elevated use the other 15 to get some really good stretching of your legs in and you are set for the day! Just thinking out loud : )

what do you do to get in a quick work out??

No comments:

Post a Comment