Monday, March 10, 2014

Bachelorette Party! 33 Days and Counting


Hello all!

I am so pumped to write this post because I get to tell you about my wonderful bachelorette party! There is officially 33 days left until the wedding and I could barely contain how excited I was to have my bachelorette party this weekend at the beach.

My friend Elena, who I have known since college, has a beach house that she was kind enough to let us use and so on Friday night we packed up the car, got some 90's jams and took the 4 hour drive from Charlotte to the beach. The weekend wouldn't have been complete without picking up my best friend and Maid of Honor, April, who I was ecstatic could make it down. I feel so lucky to get to see her so much lately! We have lived in different states since college ended which makes me sad but I was so happy to spend the weekend with her!


 
We got to the beach house and my other friends Kat and Elena has the place decorated for our arrival.
 
Including my favorite snack-chocolate covered pretzels!
 
After everyone arrived, we all had drinks and dinner at the house to get to know one another and catch up. We were all pretty tired from the drive - I had friends come in from Charlotte and Raleigh which is 3-4 hours to the beach so we were all a little exhausted.
 
It was great because everyone felt like they already knew each other because of all the stories they had heard. I was so pumped for Kat and April to meet each other!
April and Kat finally meet!
 
Of course, we couldn't end the night without an Oscar Selfie attempt either.
 
I was Bradley Cooper.
The next day was the main event and Kat and Elena had planned for us to have a private yoga session at a studio on the beach.
 
 
It was an awesome relaxing vinyassa class in a bright studio. An hour of friends relaxing, breathing and sharing in the power of yoga. At the end of the class we did a 5 minute meditation on the ground and the instructor came over to me with lavender oil her hands and put pressure on my shoulders and neck - I swear I almost fell asleep! So relaxing!
I did wear my I RUN 4 CALEB tshirt also and kept him and his family updated on my trip since I wouldn't be running. We all showed our support for little Caleb and his plight for health!
 
 
 
After the class, we walked down to the beach to see the waves and take it all in. The water was a bit too cold to wade into but the beach scene was so relaxing. The fresh air and sound of the waves was the perfect way to end the class.
 
 
 
Afterwards we went and got brunch at this lovely little beach side restaurant. We all ordered Mimosa's and they were probably 95% champagne and 5% orange juice which I think we were all okay with : )
 
The food was amazing! They had salt and pepper chips which are the best kind of potato chip, hands down.
 
 
We spent the rest of the day walking around the downtown Wilmington area which had some really cute little shops and resell stores. It was a great way to spend the day and with the weather being 70 degrees, walking around was such a pleasure.
 
This was the best sign we saw
 
We even found a dog store where I could get some treats for the little man!
A terrible pun
 
Around 6 we all got ready to go out for dinner and drinks to cap the weekend and this was the part I was looking forward to the most!
 
 
We had dinner at a place called Circa 1920 and it was a tapas, family style restaurant with some of the best food I have ever had in my life. We had a waiter who was trying to be funny - it didn't really work but the effort was there.
 
Sorry for the dark and blurry photo
We hit a bunch of the local bars and met some interesting people. We even found one place that had a photo booth so of course, we had to partake.
 
 
In the morning we headed back to Charlotte and I had to get April back to the airport which made me really sad because I value our time together so much but I know that I will get to see her again in 33 days for the BIG EVENT!
 
The fact that these girls came out and were willing to spend their time celebrating and supporting me meant more to me than I could say. Sometimes I have a hard time letting people know what they mean to me and that their efforts are so appreciated. That is why this blog post is so necessary because everyone of them needs to know how much I value them in my life and how their support of my marriage to Dwayne means the world to me.
 
To everyone that attended and helped make my bachelorette party special, I love you and I thank you so much for everything!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment