Friday, February 14, 2014

SnOMG hits Charlotte on Valentine's Day

For all my northern friends, the thought of getting 6-8 inches of snow is a weekly, if not daily, occurrence. It wouldn't stop you from going to work, the gym, school, anything. In Charlotte, NC it is a little bit different.

Dwayne and I have been snowed in for 3 days because a severe mixture of ice and snow hit the region dropping about 8 inches of snow with about 1/2 inch of ice layered in there which means that for the last 3 days I have worked from home. This certainly has its perks because I get to work all day in my pajamas, full access to the kitchen at all times, and that I don't have to go out in this mess!

I also feel like my legs might atrophy because of lack of movement. Not being able to leave the house really puts a damper on your plans to work out. Don't these weather Gods know that I have a wedding in less than 2 months?! We have been trying to eat very healthy while we are trapped at home because there have been threats of power outages so all the perishable food (fruits and veggies) are being eaten first. Not a bad thing!

We got plenty of exercise trying to sled ride down our street. It didn't work out so well because we didn't actually have sleds so we had to improvise!




I am sure that this weather is also putting a damper on a lot of valentines day plans with delivery folks not allowed out on the roads and restaurants all shut down.

I think that my Valentine's Day present is getting to spend 3 days at home with my soon to by hubby and our lovely little pup. I love them with all my heart and I can't wait to make the family official in April.



57 days until the wedding and counting down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment